"Be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves." James 1:22 (NKJV)

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The End

Acknowledgements

The Christian life can only be lived out among a group of believers, dedicated to loving one another and on mission together to make more disciples. I'm thankful to be part of the family at City Lights Church in St. Louis. The people there are loving, gracious, joyful and determined followers of Jesus.

My pastors, Ben and Eric, have taught me much about the life of obedience during the last six years, not only through their sound Biblical teaching but by their examples.

My wife, Christina, allowed me many hours on the computer over the last year and a half writing and rewriting posts for this blog. She's part of everything I do and part of everything God has done in me the last ten years.

I wouldn't have kept going without those that took time to read this blog and share kind words of encouragement with me. Thank you, Casey, Nikki, Steve, Janele, Deedra, Jodi, Dave G., Debbie, Dave H., Nicole, Tonya, Lance, Troy, Stephanie, and everyone else.

Dedication

To Logan, Ethan and Josie. You're all my favorites. I pray that you grow to know Jesus, to love him, and to depend on him for your salvation. I pray that you lead lives of God-honoring joyful obedience through the power of the Holy Spirit. Never doubt that Mommy and Daddy love you very much. Always remember that Jesus loves you best.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I'm a sap, but I almost got emotional reading this one : ) it's your note to the kiddos that really hits my heart...you're such a good dad, Nathan! Can't wait to read your new blog in the coming months; Romans is one of the more challenging books in the Bible for me to understand, so I look forward to your insight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally get caught up with your blog and this is the thanks I get? j/k

    Over the course of this last year, this blog has given me the opportunity to really get to know one of the closest and most influential leaders and mentors in my life. So it is bitter sweet to see this blog come to an end.

    I look forward to any future blogging endeavors you may have. You are a great writer and I really enjoy pairing up your blog with small group discussions. In my mind it was an intended overlap for those in group who read this. So we will be expecting a new blog soon.

    ReplyDelete